What You Should Know
Wi Yu Tea is a type of black tea which has been a much used staple of traditional Eastern medicine for hundreds of years. Like all black teas, and their green tea counterparts, Wi Yu Tea is loaded with beneficial antioxidants, which have been shown to have a positive effect on over all good health. The distributors of Wi Yu Tea claim that it is a powerful ancient Chinese secret which will allow its user to lose weight, increase energy levels, and raise self confidence.
List of Ingredients
Wi Yu Tea is actually an oolong tea which has been grown on the Wi Yu Mountains in the Fujian Province of China. Like all tea, it is harvested from the Camellis Sinensis plant. The difference between teas is in the processing of the leaves. With Wi Yu Tea the leaves are only partly fermented, it is the drying and oxidation process that the makers claim gives Wi Yu Tea higher fat burning properties than other teas, although there is no evidence to back up this claim. The distributers of Wi Yu Tea rely heavily on marketing to set their tea apart from other tea products and justify its rather expensive price tag. Most sites selling the tea highlight celebrity recommendations, included endorsements by Oprah Winfrey and Rachel Ray, although recently at least one celebrity has taken legal action to have their name removed from connection with Wi Yu Tea products.
- Tea of all kinds is widely recognized as being a healthy drink due to its abundance of antioxidants.
- Wi Yu Tea is widely available for purchase at a number of online outlets.
- Wi Yu Tea, like all teas, does have a positive effect on thermogenesis, the process by which the body burns stored fat.
- Wi Yu Tea contains the stimulant caffeine which may result in side effects such as nervousness and jitters if consumed in large amounts.
- Wi Yu Tea is much more expensive than tea marketed under the Oolong name, although they are the same product.
- There are many negative reviews online from customers dissatisfied with both results of drinking Wi Yu Tea and the websites where it was ordered.
- There is no evidence to back up the claims of increased weight loss made by the marketers of Wi Yu Tea.
Drinking tea, such as Wi Yu Tea, for health reasons is not a new concept. Eastern herbalists and alternative medical practitioners speak freely of its many healthy benefits, most of which are connected to the presence of abundant antioxidants. As far as the nutritional values are concerned, most researchers agree that there is little difference between oolong teas, like Wi Yu Tea, and other more popular teas. What scientists cannot agree on is if there is any weight loss effect as a direct result of drinking tea. Actual increase in fat burning appears to be slight and is most evident when tea extract is combined with other fat burning ingredients. There are a number of proven supplements on the market which contain tea extract and have been shown to be more effective in the fight against excess pounds then merely drinking tea.