What You Should Know
The Realize Band is an adjustable divider which is designed to separate the userÃs stomach into two small pouches, effectively cutting the amount of food that needs to be eaten before the user feels full. In this way it encourages the user to eat less, leading to weight loss. The Realize Band is surgically inserted and is recommended for use only by the severely overweight patient who has not had success with traditional weight loss methods. The patientÃs doctor supervises all steps of the process, including monitoring the necessary lifestyle changes post surgery. After insertion of the Realize Band, patient and doctor make use of a computer based support system, the REALIZEmySUCCESS program, in order to guide the patient in a step by step comprehensive recovery system in order to increase the chances of lasting weight loss success.
List of Ingredients
The Realize Band is a gastric control item. It is a silicone strip which is surgically adhered around the stomach creating a smaller receptacle for food. By allowing the created compartment to hold only about a half cup of food, the Realize Band should make its user eat less. It is still possible to overeat after the procedure and in addition to inhibiting weight loss; this can lead to serious side effects. The Realize Band program seeks to address that problem by including a computer based support program called REALIZEmySUCCESS. This includes four areas where the patient and their doctor may interact to plan for nutrition, fitness and support while tracking the patients progress.
This type of weight loss tool is both expensive and life altering; any one who is looking to pursue this avenue must work with a physician to determine eligibility and assess risks.
- The Realize Band incorporates a complete program for post surgery recovery, including fitness and nutrition plans.
- Gastic Bands, are known to aid severely overweight patients who have had no success with conventional diet programs.
- The Realize Band has been shown to have less complications after surgery compared to other gastic band products.
- The Realize Band is a weight loss option only for those who are considered obese and who have been unsuccessful with other weight loss measures.
- The Realize Band requires surgical implantation, and like all surgery does carry risks of complications.
- The cost of consultation, surgery and recovery supervision is very high and some insurance companies may not cover the expense.
- The Realize Band is not an instant cure, the patient must follow a strict diet and fitness program in order to successfully lose weight.
While the Realize Band is an effective tool in promoting significant weight loss for its user it also carries a number of risks ranging from mild discomforts to life threatening complications. Because of this it is considered an extreme measure and is only recommended for a select group of patients, your doctor can determine if you qualify. For the consumer looking for a less drastic path to weight loss there are many supplements on the market which might be of assistance. Best chances of success lie with picking a product that is backed by solid clinical research and includes quality ingredients.