What You Should Know
MyPryamid.gov is a website that contains valuable information on exercise and healthy eating. There are many nice features for people who are trying to change their lifestyles in order to lose weight, look better, and most importantly, feel better.
The key to losing weight and staying healthy is quite a balancing act as you must take in less than you useÃ³in terms of calories, or energyÃ³in order to lose weight, and take in what you use to avoid gaining weight and staying at a healthy level. The MyPyramid.gov website is meant to help people along with the balancing act of daily life when it comes to health.
List of Ingredients
The food recommendations in the MyPyramid.gov plan include grains, vegetables, fruits, fat free or low fat dairy products, meat and beans.
MyPryamid.gov is an online assessment tool to help people see physical activity compared to food intake. On the website, there are several different tools such as a Food Calories/Energy Balance feature automatically calculates your energy balance by subtracting the energy you expend from physical activity from your food calories/energy intake. This tool helps you see how your good nutrition and exercise habits are translating to weight loss.
The website was created and is maintained by the United States Department of Agriculture in efforts to improve the overall health of the American citizens. In addition to the tools and information users can find there, there are several links to other resources and information, such as finding the local farmers market so you can get fresh, healthy foods and food safety information.
- Mypryamid.gov was created and is sponsored by a U.S. Governmental agency and therefore is a very trustworthy source for information.
- The interactive tools helps users to see the balance between foods eaten and exercise.
- Requires that users keep a daily record of food intake and physical activity in order to use it to the fullest extent.
- The use of the website is not recommended for those who are suffering from chronic illness.
- Requires users to participate in daily physical activity, and while this is not a bad thing, it may be hard for some to do.
The MyPryamid.gov website is a very valuable and necessary tool as many Americans are suffering from obesity, diseases and conditions that could be treated or prevented with a better diet and more exercise more effectively than with prescription drugs. It is very important to eat well and get moving, and even a small effort will make a difference.