What You Should Know
The official product website for Meridia markets this pill as “a prescription medication that’s used along with a reduced-calorie diet to help people lose weight and keep it off”. Sounds interesting, but unfortunately we couldn’t find much more info.
List of Ingredients
Meridia is supposed to be used with a diet which is lower in calories than an overweight person’s normal diet. This may not bode well for many dieters as there are many over-the-counter weight loss products which tout the ability to help dieters to lose weight without the use of diet or exercise. Meridia is said to work as an appetite suppressant and it is claimed that the effects happen within the first six months of using this diet drug. Those who are prescribed Meridia by their doctors are instructed to take one capsule per day and it is usually not prescribed for a period longer than two years. Meridia is a controlled substance so it is not recommended for those who have had or who currently have issues with addiction, nor is it a weight loss solution to be undertaken casually. The official website for Meridia states that the average weight loss for those who use this diet drug is between ten to fourteen pounds in a twelve month period, depending on the amount prescribed by one’s doctor. While this is not as dramatic a result as what is promised by many herbal supplements, it is actually a fairly healthy and realistic proposition.
- The official Meridia website offers printable discount coupons to save on the cost of the prescription.
- Meridia is FDA approved for weight loss in significantly overweight individuals with a Body Mass Index of 30 or greater.
- Meridia is available through a doctor’s prescription only.
- Meridia is not right for the average dieter – it is recommended only for those who are significantly overweight with a Body Mass Index of 30 or higher.
- There are many people who can not use Meridia including those with high blood pressure, those who are nursing an infant, those who have had a stroke or heart attack, those who have irregular heart beats, and others with a variety of medical conditions or who are on certain other medications.
Meridia is a prescription-only weight loss drug for those who are significantly overweight with a Body Mass Index of 30 or greater. If diet and exercise has not worked, it would be wise to speak with your physician about your options for losing the weight for health reasons. A prescription medication for weight loss may be the right choice for you, but there are many people who can not use Meridia due to medical conditions or medication interactions. For those who are doing their research online as informed consumers, it would be better if the Meridia website offered customer testimonials and before & after photos to motivate overweight individuals to speak to their doctor about this product.